Serving under the direction of the chief strategy officer and director (once hired), the program officer is responsible for identifying and nurturing opportunities for affecting positive systemic change within communities, and executing programming efforts that are aligned with the organizational direction. The program officer will work closely with other staff to ensure integration and coordination of efforts.
- Master’s degree in a field relevant to assigned areas is preferred.
- Minimum five years’ experience in fields relevant to assigned responsibilities. Preference for significant relevant work experience (8+ years) with strong networks and contacts, as well as a broad, generalist background with deep and comprehensive understanding of program design and development, systems, networking, and community change. EExperience working effectively with diverse populations, including multi-ethnic groups and economically diverse communities and individuals.
- Evidence of effective work beyond areas of relevant field of practice and technical skills in one or more core programming areas (family economic security; food, health and well-being; education and learning; civic engagement; racial equity, etc.) that support the goal area/regional strategy are essential.
- Proven track record of effectiveness in racial healing and racial equity work, both at the local and systems level.
- High degree of emotional intelligence, psychological insight and cultural awareness in diverse communities.
- Conflict resolution, negotiation, and community building skills are also valued.
How to Apply
Review of applicant materials will continue until finalist candidates have been identified. Please submit all nominations, inquiries and/or application materials, including a letter of application, resume and a list of references in confidence to:
Nonprofit Professionals Advisory Group WKKF-RECE@nonprofitprofessionals.com