Serving under the direction of the Director of Food, Health & Well-Being, the program officer is responsible for identifying and nurturing opportunities for affecting positive systemic change within communities, and executing programming efforts that are aligned with the organizational direction. The program officer will work closely with other staff to ensure integration and coordination of efforts.
- Master’s degree in a field relevant to assigned areas is preferred.
- Minimum five years’ experience in fields relevant to assigned responsibilities. Preference for significant relevant work experience (8+ years) with strong networks and contacts, as well as a broad, generalist background with deep and comprehensive understanding of program design and development, systems, networking, and community change.
- Evidence of effective work beyond areas of relevant field of practice and technical skills in one or more core programming areas (family economic security; food, health and well-being; education and learning; racial equity, etc.) that support the goal area/regional strategy are essential.
- Successful experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team and working effectively with persons from diverse cultural, social and ethnic backgrounds.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Team building capabilities within the foundation and in communities.
- Time management and ability to multitask and navigate the field effectively both within updated technological systems and community development models.
- Strong networks and relationships in the field of public health.
- Knowledge of public health systems that execute approaches to promote health, address root causes and eliminate inequities in health outcomes for children, families and communities.
- Experienced leader in building organizational capacity for delivery of effective programs.
- Strong knowledge of policy and systems that impact the health of children and families.
How to Apply
The foundation is partnering with an executive search firm to fill this position. Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Nonprofit Professionals Advisory Group