Provide collaborative, solution-oriented legal guidance and support to the foundation on U.S. and international legal matters, advising foundation staff in a variety of areas including grantmaking, contracts, policy and advocacy, workforce mobility, and state and local registrations. Other areas of support may include employment matters, employee benefit programs, intellectual property matters and impact investments.
- Juris Doctor from ABA-accredited law school required.
- Must be admitted to practice law (any state, in good standing) with ability to obtain admittance in Michigan.
- At least five years of relevant law practice experience with a law firm and/or in-house legal department required.
- Experience advising private foundations or other tax-exempt entities preferred but not required.
- Experience drafting and negotiating contracts preferred but not required.
- Experience in corporate, employment, intellectual property, privacy, real estate and/or technology law helpful but not required.
- Experience working in a high performing and agile organization with a team-oriented culture.
- Experience working effectively with persons from diverse cultural, social, and ethnic backgrounds and ability to drive strong relationships.
Specific responsibilities include advising foundation staff on structuring grants, reviewing grant application materials for compliance with applicable laws, regulations and foundation policies, and preparing, reviewing and negotiating contracts to procure goods and services, licenses, leases and other legal documents. The Assistant General Counsel will also advise and provide training on the application and interpretation of laws and policies and coordinate with outside counsel in areas of responsibility.
How to Apply
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applicant materials will begin immediately and continue until finalist candidates have been identified.
APPLICATIONS/NOMINATIONS PROCESS: If you wish to apply or make a referral, access the following link: https://career8.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=982&company=WKKF
The W.K. Kellogg Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.