Communications officers at the W.K. Kellogg Foundation are responsible for managing communication projects that support an assigned body of work; collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to design, plan and implement strategic communications campaigns and projects; managing communications; and identifying and nurturing opportunities for affecting positive systemic change within communities.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, English or other field relevant to assigned area is required; Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum five years’ related work experience creating and managing objective-focused communications content (for both internal/employee-focused and external audiences) for online, social and traditional media and related project management required. Preference for significant relevant work experience (8-12+ years) with strong networks and contacts.
- Foundation or nonprofit experience preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with persons from diverse cultural, social, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Experience working in a high performing and agile organization with a team-oriented culture.
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal) with evidence of proficiency in writing (to include short analytic communications, interviewing and listening, narrative/storytelling in a range of forms, media outreach).
- As a member of the core communications team, this new Communications Officer will be a focused communicator aligned with our DNA grantmaking strategies, including but not limited to supporting our colleagues in Truth, Racial Healing & Transformation, Catalyzing Community Giving, National Day of Racial Healing, Solidarity Council on Racial Equity, Leadership, DNA Learning, and more.
- As a traveling expert within our networked organization and in collaboration with deployed communications officers and the entire communications chapter, this Communications Officer will help to ensure our commitment to our DNA is embedded in our external and internal communications, providing a consistent narrative framework across everything we do.
How to Apply
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applicant materials will begin immediately and continue until a finalist candidate has been identified.
APPLICATIONS/NOMINATIONS PROCESS: The foundation is partnering with an executive search firm, Koya Partners, to fill this position. Please submit all nominations, inquiries and/or application materials, including a letter of application, resume and a list of references in confidence to the link below:
The W.K. Kellogg Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.