Under the leadership of the vice president for finance and treasurer, the controller will direct the financial accounting and reporting functions including day-to-day leadership of the financial services core team. Also, the controller ensures integrity, accuracy and consistency in financial reporting that complies with applicable regulatory agencies and generally accepted accounting principles; safeguards accounting system controls deigned to ensure financial compliance and reduce exposure to risk; and maintains highest level of financial governance by the consistent application foundation’s policies, guidelines and processes.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from accredited institution required; master’s degree preferred. CFA or CMA a plus.
- Minimum 10 plus years relevant experience including at least three years with a public accounting/audit firm preferred, OR equivalent combination of education and experience; additional related experience in private/investment accounting, pension plans and/or treasury experience; nonprofit organization experience preferred.
- Must be experienced in supervising/motivating an accounting or financial team.
- Ability to work effectively with persons from diverse cultural, social, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Experience working in a demanding, high performance and ambiguous work environment with a team-oriented culture.
How to Apply
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applicant materials will begin immediately and continue until finalist candidates have been identified.
APPLICATIONS/NOMINATIONS PROCESS: The foundation is partnering with an executive search firm to fill this position. Please send application materials and questions about the role to:
Allen A. Geller, Managing Director
Raines International Inc.
212.997.1100 ext. 240
The W.K. Kellogg Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.