Serving under the direction of the Vice President of Program Strategy, the Director of Policy-Advocacy is responsible for designing, building and running a Policy-Advocacy Team with the Foundation. The core function of the Policy-Advocacy Team will be identifying and securing opportunities for affecting positive systemic change within communities and programming efforts that are aligned with the foundation’s strategic plan and managing successful outcomes for these opportunities and programmatic efforts. The Director of Policy-Advocacy will lead and work in concert with cross-functional teams across the foundation to ensure integration and coordination of policy advocacy and stakeholder engagement efforts across the foundation.
- Advanced degree in public policy or social science discipline and 10-15 years’ experience and demonstrated success in government relations or policy-making and stakeholder relations.
- Global experience in developing and implementing policy-advocacy solutions and coalition building.
- Distinguished in the field of policy, as evidenced through formal education, networks, publications, or other recognized accomplishments.
- Experience working with governing/advisory boards and committees.
- Comfortable and has experience working effectively on policy equity issues with persons from diverse cultural, social, economic, religious and ethnic backgrounds.
- Clear understanding of tribal, local, state, federal and international practices, policies, traditions, and corresponding regional and cultural context, that are central to WKKF’s policy agenda and goals; solicit input from internal partners in programming to get input and feedback on policy proposals and engagement strategies.
- Detailed understanding of the rules governing foundation-funded activities with policymakers; work with legal counsel and others on issues related to compliance (e.g., lobbying and electioneering restrictions).
- Experience working in a high performing and agile organization with a team-oriented culture.
Review of applicant materials will begin immediately and continue until finalist candidates have been identified.
How to Apply
The foundation is partnering with an executive search firm to fill this position. Please submit all nominations, inquiries and/or application materials, including a letter of application, resume and a list of references in confidence to:
Andrew P. Zalman
Search Light Solutions