The Mission Investment Manager (MIM) will support mission investment’s capital deployment activities and participate in aspects of the business including, underwriting debt investments, evaluating the business environment in target markets and countries, assisting in portfolio monitoring efforts, and preparing presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required; master’s degree preferred (i.e. WKKF mission/program content areas, management, investing or finance).
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ successful work experience or equivalent in fields relevant to assigned responsibilities, including investments (pure commercial, mission investing, or program related investing) with portfolio management emphasis.
- Broad generalist background with strong networks and comprehensive understanding of program design and capital market dynamics and systems change.
- Transaction execution skills with a strong track record in financial modeling and analysis of public equity, private equity, and/or venture capital investment.
- Experience in evaluating, modeling and presenting both debt and equity investments; some knowledge of at least one emerging market region, ideally Latin America.
- Experience in working effectively with persons from diverse cultural, social, ethnic, intellectual, philosophical and business backgrounds and perspectives.
- Investing background and experience of working with and through peers in complex and uncertain stakeholder environments.
- Foundation or nonprofit experience preferred.
- Experience working in a high performing and agile organization with a team-oriented culture.
How to Apply
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applicant materials will begin immediately and continue until finalist candidates have been identified.
APPLICATIONS/NOMINATIONS PROCESS: The foundation will be partnering with an executive search firm to fill this position. Please submit all nominations, inquiries and/or application materials, including a letter of application, resume and a list of references in confidence to: