The program officer is responsible for identifying and nurturing opportunities for affecting positive policy and systemic change within communities and executing investments and collaborations that are aligned with the foundation’s strategic priorities. The program officer will work closely with colleagues within the foundation, philanthropy, and the field to ensure that the Kellogg Foundation leverages opportunities to open economic opportunity and address economic injustice for working families in New Mexico.
- Master’s degree in a field relevant to assigned areas is preferred.
- Minimum five years’ experience in fields relevant to assigned responsibilities. Preference for significant relevant work experience (8+ years) with strong networks, as well as a diverse background with comprehensive understanding of community engagement, program design, policy and systems change.
- Experience working in the philanthropic, nonprofit, public and/private sectors in a leadership position.
- Experience serving as a manager and coach, and effectively helping people reach their full potential.
- Successful experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team and working effectively with persons from diverse cultural, racial and ethnic backgrounds.
- Experience working in a high performing and agile organization with a team-oriented culture.
- Significant local, state, and national systems experience in economic, workforce and enterprise development, economic inclusion and employment equity.
- Sophisticated understanding of economic disparities and opportunities in New Mexico and related systems and policy landscapes at the local, state, and federal levels.
- Knowledge of pressing issues, emerging opportunities, leaders and communities in New Mexico.
- Experience with state, local and tribal community organizing and policy advocacy on issues affecting New Mexico working families with children.
- Familiarity with legislative and regulatory processes.
- Relevant work experience in New Mexico, including strong networks throughout the state and nationally.
How to Apply
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applicant materials will begin immediately and continue until finalist candidates have been identified.
APPLICATIONS/NOMINATIONS PROCESS: The foundation is partnering with an executive search firm to fill this position. Please submit all nominations, inquiries and/or application materials, including a letter of application, resume and a list of references in confidence to the link below:
Nonprofit Professionals Advisory Group
The W.K. Kellogg Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employee