The Program Officer will provide leadership and oversight for the execution of programs and policy initiatives that strive for positive systemic change within communities to ensure educated, healthy kids and secure families nationally, focusing on the integration of these areas with efforts to transform public health systems to more effectively address racial equity, community engagement, and the social determinants of health.
- Deep understanding and significant relevant work experience (8+ years) in maternal and child health and with public health systems and the ability to leverage strong national networks and contacts.
- Master’s degree in public health or a relevant field is preferred.
- Strong familiarity with the health policy landscape and demonstrated experience leveraging the role of philanthropy in policy development to deepen impact.
- Current knowledge of trends, movements, and policy development to capitalize on emerging opportunities.
- Understanding of broad social and economic forces that affect the health of communities and families in order to effectively shape programming efforts.
How to Apply
The search is being led by Carolyn Ho and Melinda Hull of NPAG. Due to the pace of this search, candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Applications including a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications, your resume (in Word format), and where you learned of the position should be sent to: WKKF-POFHWB@nonprofitprofessionals.com. In order to expedite the internal sorting and reviewing process, please type your name (Last, First) as the only contents in the subject line of your e-mail.