The program officer is responsible for identifying and nurturing opportunities for affecting positive systemic change within communities, and executing programming efforts that are aligned with the organizational direction. The program officer will work closely with other staff to ensure integration and coordination of efforts.
- Master’s degree in a field relevant to assigned areas is preferred. Minimum five years’ experience in fields relevant to assigned responsibilities. Preference for significant relevant work experience (8+ years) with strong networks and contacts, as well as a broad, generalist background with deep and comprehensive understanding of program design and development, systems, networking, and community change. Knowledge, skills and experience in racial equity, community engagement and/or leadership development.
- Successful experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team and working effectively with persons from diverse cultural, social and ethnic backgrounds.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Foundation or nonprofit experience helpful.
- Experience working in a high performing and agile organization with a team-oriented culture.
- Proven track record of effectiveness in racial healing and racial equity work, both at the local and systems level.
- High degree of emotional intelligence, psychological insight and cultural awareness in diverse communities.
- Conflict resolution, negotiation, and community building skills are also valued.
How to Apply
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applicant materials will begin immediately and continue until finalist candidates have been identified.
APPLICATIONS/NOMINATIONS PROCESS: The foundation will be partnering with an executive search firm to fill this position. Please submit all nominations, inquiries and/or application materials, including a letter of application, resume and a list of references in confidence to:
Nonprofit Professionals Advisory Group