Effective Date: March 1, 2021Introduction
The W.K. Kellogg Foundation (“WKKF” or “we”) is an independent, non-profit private foundation that works with communities to create conditions for vulnerable children so they can realize their full potential in school, work and life.
We may collect the following Personal Information when you visit or use the WKKF Web Applications.
A. Personal Information that You Provide to Us
WKKF may collect Personal Information directly from you. This may happen in several ways:
- Register for an Account. You may provide us with Personal Information when you register for an account on the WKKF Portal or another WKKF Web Application. Such information may include, but is not limited to, your name, organization affiliation, postal address, phone number, email address, username, password, and preferred language.
- Pursue or Receive a Grant, Program-Related Investment or Contract. You may provide us with Personal Information when you explore, pursue or receive a grant, program-related investment or contract. Such information may include, but is not limited to, your name, title, organization, postal address, phone number, mobile number, email address, and tax ID number.
- Sign Up for Communications. You may provide us with Personal Information when you sign up for communications from WKKF. Such information may include, but is not limited to, your name, company or organization affiliation, postal address, email address, and phone number.
- Download Resources. You may provide us with Personal Information when you request to receive or download publications or other resources through the WKKF Web Applications. Such information may include, but is not limited to, your name, company or organization affiliation, postal address, email address, and phone number.
- Sign Up for Events. You may provide us with Personal Information when you sign up for our events, such as workshops, conferences, and webinars, either through the WKKF Web Applications, through our service providers, or offline. Such information may include your name, company or organization affiliation, postal address, email address, and phone number.
- Contact Us. You may provide us with Personal Information when you contact us directly with your inquiries or comments.
- Apply for a Job. You may provide us with Personal Information when you apply for employment with us through our WKKF Websites.
- Your device type;
- Your IP address;
- Your usage and activity on the WKKF Web Applications (such as the pages you visit);
- Geographic and demographic data; and
- The amount of time you spend on the WKKF Portal.
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to administer and provide the WKKF Web Applications;
- to develop, issue and administer WKKF grants, program-related investments, and contracts;
- to contact you in response to your inquiries, comments and suggestions;
- to provide other WKKF communications;
- to provide access to WKKF publications or other resources;
- to organize and manage our events;
- to administer and inform our program strategies and charitable activities;
- to manage our operations, including performing accounting, auditing, and other internal functions;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provided the information;
- to comply with applicable laws and regulatory requirements, or as requested by government or regulatory authorities;
- in connection with pending litigation;
- to detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- to protect and defend the rights or property of WKKF;
- to improve the WKKF Web Applications and WKKF’s related processes, and to help WKKF understand how users are using the WKKF Web Applications and interacting with WKKF;
- in connection with a merger, divestiture, acquisition, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us is among the assets transferred; and
- for tracking and analytics purposes described in the “Third Party Analytics Providers” section below.
4. How Do We Share Personal Information?
We may share your Personal Information with the following third parties:
- with our service providers that host the WKKF Web Applications, such as Fluxx Labs Inc.;
- with our other vendors, consultants and service providers that provide services on our behalf, such as translators, evaluators, technology platform providers and data hosting providers; and
- with third parties in connection with the uses described in Section 3 above, such as with government or regulatory authorities in order to comply with laws.
In addition, in connection with grants and program-related investments that we award, we may share your organization’s information generally on our WKKF Websites, such as in a profile regarding your organization and its mission, in our annual report, and in other publications.
5. Email Communications
If you have signed up to receive newsletters or other communications from WKKF, you may, at any time, inform us that you do not want WKKF to send you such communications by opting out using the link at the bottom of each email. After opting out, you will no longer receive communications from the mailing list from which you opted out; however, you may still receive transactional or other communications from us (e.g., communications regarding a grant, program-related investment or contract).
6. Review and Correction of Personal Information
You may review, correct, and update certain Personal Information by contacting us through the “Contact Us” section below.
7. Safeguarding Your Information
WKKF cares about the security of your Personal Information. However, the Internet is a global communications vehicle open to threats, viruses, and intrusions from others. For this reason, WKKF cannot promise, and you should not expect, that we will be able to protect your Personal Information at all times and in all circumstances. WKKF cannot guarantee the security and privacy of transmissions via the Internet, and we will not be liable for any lack of security relating to the WKKF Web Applications or any other communication over the Internet. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, WKKF shall not be liable for any damages resulting from any loss of privacy or security occurring in connection with any such communications.
8. Third Party Analytics Providers
A. Do Not Track Disclosure
Certain web browsers may provide an option by which you may ask your browser to inform websites you visit that you do not wish your activities to be tracked by cookies or other persistent identifiers, commonly called “Do Not Track Signals.” The WKKF Web Applications currently do not respond to Do Not Track Signals.
B. Third Party Analytics Providers; Google Analytics; Kissmetrics
We work with third party analytics service providers, including but not limited to Google Analytics and Kissmetrics, to help us better understand how our users use the WKKF Web Applications. As a result, these third parties may collect certain information from you about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use the WKKF Web Applications.
We use Google Analytics to learn more about the types of users that visit the WKKF Web Applications and to help improve the WKKF Web Applications. Google Analytics provides us with certain data regarding the demographics of the users that visit the WKKF Web Applications and their activities on the WKKF Web Applications. To provide this service, Google Analytics may collect certain information about you from your computer, including but not limited to: information regarding your visit (such as the pages you visit and the length of your visit), information about your device (such as your IP address), how you got to the website, and other information about you. You can learn more about Google Analytics and how it collects and processes data (including how to control the information sent to Google) by visiting: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics by using the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
9. Third Party Websites
11. Children Under 16
We do not seek to collect, nor do we knowingly collect, information from children under the age of 16. If a child has provided us with Personal Information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us to have the information deleted from our records. To do so, contact WKKF through the information provided below in the “Contact Us” section.
12. Contact Us
By Postal Mail:
Office of the General Counsel
W.K. Kellogg Foundation
One Michigan Avenue East
Battle Creek, MI 49017
By E-mail: email@example.com